Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Boys room teaser

When we moved into this house the boys room was pink. This didn't go over very well with my youngest who detests pink! My cousin taught him that "Pink makes you stink" and he is fully convinced that it is true! So their room was the first to get madeover. In the old houseI spent days painting murals on the wall. Thomas the Tank, barns, sheep, and pirates. I enjoyed painting the walls as well as showing the boys the completed project! In our new house their room is much smaller and I have lots of painting on my plate so I thought I would go with something much simpler. I was super excited to find the deep red that I wanted to use as an accent color on the oops shelf at Lowes!

I picked up some canvas at Hobby Lobby and used my Cricut to make a stencil for the first letter of each of their names. I painted it on and then blotted it back off. I love the faded look I got!

I found a couple vintage biplane ads on eBay for 3.50 and the frames on clearance at Michales for $5.99



I also found these propellers on eBay. I got all 3 of them for $4.75. Painted on some stripes and sanded them back down a little bit...


Then glued them to the back of this frame. Another Michales clearance purchase for 3.60. I wrapped the back in drop cloth (my latest obsession!!)

I love the simple look of their room. It is something that the boys won't out grow for quite a while and the pops of red here and there don't over do the small room. I spent a total of $29.83 on everything and got a whole new look. I am working on some headboards made from an old 6 panel door left in our barn. Once I get those done I will give you the full reveal!

No comments:

Post a Comment