Sunday, May 16, 2010

First project down!

I finally had a chance this weekend to get a few projects done! It was perfect weather for project day Saturday. It started raining here Friday afternoon and didn't stop until Saturday evening. So I decided to tackle the fireplace. The brick was a peachy-pink which brought out the pink in the carpet.


I also started on the living room walls this weekend. It sure feels good to cover up those dirty white walls! I wanted to use a gray but every gray sample I brought home looked metallic when the sun hit it. As of right now we don't have a ceiling light in our living room so our light is either lamps or sun. So I went with a blue-gray which turned out to be more of a blue. A color I swore wasn't going to put in this house! We had it in the bathroom, boys bedroom, our room and the basement of the old house. All in different shades but still felt so over the color blue! Maybe this will grow on me once I get stuff hung up. That's what I love about paint, if you don't like it you can change it!

No comments:

Post a Comment