Friday, July 16, 2010

Baby Shower!!

Tomorrow I am going to a Baby Shower Brunch for my cousin's wife. While I harbor a secret jealousy of those having babies right now I decided to whip up some gifts. I have both ends covered on this one...burp rags, designer wipe case and a Poopy Clutch (diaper and wipe holder).



First I made a designer wipes case out of a cute scrap of fabric I had.


I found it worked to use the little opening spot at the top of the case to hold down the fabric while I traced the top edges of the case.



I used modge podge to glue the pieces to the top. The layer of glue I put on the top of the fabric left it pretty rough so I took a light grit sanding block to it and it smoothed it right out!




I also made some burp cloths using flannel and terry cloth. I bought a 1/2 yard of terry cloth and a 1/4 yard of 2 different prints of flannel. I was able to get 6 cloths out the fabric with hardly anything left over. I used some embroidery floss and tied knots in them to keep to the two fabrics together.



I saw this tutorial for the Poopy Clutch at I Still Love You and knew I had to make one to go along with the designer wipes case! It was soo easy to make!



Hope this post all makes sense. Im writing this at 12 pm since I just got home from a girls night with my friend Erin. We have been dieing to go see Eclipse since it came out and finally made it! I can't wait for the next one to come out, and am so bummed it's the last!!

No comments:

Post a Comment