Monday, July 12, 2010

Ballard Alphabet Ball Knock Off

I have been seriously adoring these alphabet balls at Ballard's. They have always been sold out though, and I'm not sure of the price. I did see them at a little store for a buck a piece. Not too bad if you only want a few but I wanted to use them as filler and that would add up! So I came up with my own knock off version...

I got 2 packs of 6 ping pong balls for around $2.50 a piece. I used a upside down egg carton and spray painted them a antique white.

Then I cut out vinyl letters on my Cricut about a 1 1/2 inches. I only used 1 letter per ball but as I look at the Ballard version I might go back and add more that way you don't have to arrange them so carefully. For $5 Im pretty happy with the results!

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I have also seen them for $1.00 a piece, but who only wants to buy two or three of them. Thanks, I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I LOVE it! I may have to borrow the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool. Saw your post at All Things Related so had to check it out. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for helping us have another great Anything Related! ~Bridgette

    ReplyDelete