Monday, July 26, 2010

Fishin Sign

Mom went into the hospital on Tues so my spare time all week was spent visiting with her instead of making something. I was having major withdrawals by Friday so I spent some time on a little sign I had been wanting to make. I didn't get any pictures of the process because I was so excited to get to set down and make something!
I had seen these paddles at Michales a while back and tucked them away in the little list of things I want to make. I made this sign for the the wall when you go down to the basement. My husband has his little "man cave" in the basement where he has all his mounts and hunting and fishing things displayed. I was afraid it would look too much like the paddle that you use on your children but I think the stripes made it look more like a boat paddle. I painted it a light gray and then painted the stripes on. I used my cricut to cut out the stencils for the words. I sanded it down and brushed some brown glaze over the top.
I really loved these little paddles and have a plan for using them in my bathroom down there also! I couldn't get a good picture of it with out getting glare from somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment